This is the eggplant parmesan recipe I grew up with. Thanks to my lovely Mom for telling me the recipe for the 3rd time now. 🙂
- 1 large eggplant (2#)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1C bread crumbs
- 2T Parmesan cheese
- handful of parsley
- olive oil
- simple tomato sauce
- 1 C mozzarella cheese.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Chop parsley.
- Grate or chop mozarella cheese.
- Make crumb, cheese, parsley mixture and lay on plate.
- Slice eggplant about 3/4″ thick.
- Put olive oil on baking sheet.
- Beat eggs together in bowl
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in crumbs, placing onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 min on one side, flip, then 10 min more on other.
- Put in a layer of tomato sauce in a 9×13″, 2″ deep baking pan. Put a layer of eggplant on top, then mozz cheese on top. Repeat until you are piled up.
- Put aluminum foil on top.
- Bake 20-30 min. You want to see that the cheese is melted and warm all the way through.