Tai’s Rhubarb Ginger Jam
- 1 lb rhubarb, trimmed, washed and sliced to 1/8-inch pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 3 oz crystallized ginger, chopped (about 9 tbsp)
- 1.5 tsp lemon & orange zest (about half:half), coarsely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar and prevent scorching.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until jam thickens and mounds on a spoon, about 20-30 minutes. Transfer to a glass bowl or jar, cover and chill in the refrigerator.
Yields about 1 and 1/2 cups.
NOTES: we doubled the recipe, using lemon and lime zest and juicing the lime into the mix. We decreased the ginger to 5 oz for the double batch, which worked well, still allowing the rhubarb to shine. Yield: just under 5 half pint jars