Our friend Sean made this for us and we were blown away by it’s simplicity and taste. It is now brought out for our greens 2-3 times a week.
- 1 bunch of greens (chard, spinach, etc)
- 3T olive oil and butter
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1-2T red wine vinegar
- a pinch of salt or dusting of parmesan cheese
- Chop the garlic/onions, if you are into that kind of thing
- Coarsely chop greens
- Boil greens for 3 minutes, then drain.
- Heat up the olive oil and/or butter in the pot
- Add garlic /onions and sautée.
- add greens, only putting in a layer at a time to make sure they wilt before adding more
- Add salt, then cover
- Cook until tender: 2-15 minutes.
- Add parmesan if you want.
Serves 2 as a side dish