This is a wonderful way to treat yourself nicely after a big celebration. Hardly any work and means you have a warm breakfast with no effort in the morning.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oatmeal
- 1 pinch salt (needed, otherwise tastes off)
- 2T? brown sugar
- slow cooker
- 4C measuring jug or metal bowl – whatever fits into the slow cooker
- pitcher to fill water in slow cooker
- Mix milk, water, oatmeal and salt in jug / bowl and place in slow cooker
- Fill slow cooker with water to reach around jug/bowl.
- Set on low and cover overnight. Covering is important since it will otherwise not get warm enough inside.
- Stir in brown sugar until it tastes right to you, then serve.
Original says it goes for 2-3 people, but it goes well paired with something else, thus making it fine for 4.