This is a standard in the house.
- 1 medium onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 pound celery root
- 2 T olive oil
- 2-3 T butter
- 4 cups stock (veggie or chicken)
- Peel celery root by cutting off the top and bottom, then slicing off the skin.
- Chop into rough cubes and put in soup pot with olive oil and butter. While it starts to saute, chop onion and add to the mix.
- Finally, chop up the celery stalks and toss in.
- Reduce the heat and cover the pot, cooking approximately 10 minutes, stirring frequently to make sure nothing browns.
- Add in the stock and cook another 5-10 minutes, until celery root is tender.
- Puree with an immersion blender (or process in batches in a regular blender or food processor).