Inspired from Bi Rite’s Eat Good Food
- 10z kale, escarole, radicchio
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- kosher salt
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced (~1t)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 T lemon juice + more to taste
- 1/2 t Dijon mustard
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/2 C Parmigiano + more for garnish
- black pepper
- Cut out kale thick kale stocks (or just run hand down)
- Cut strips, or tear if tender
- Coarsely chop garlic and pinch of salt, pressing salt with flat side of blade to make a paste.
- Add anchovy, egg yolk, lemon juice, mustard. Whisk slowly.
- Slowly drizzle in oil while whisking until incorporated.
- Taste with a leaf of kale and add lemon or salt as needed
- Add a little bit of dressing and cheese with kale, gently tossing until everything is coated.
- Garnish with a little bit of cheese and black pepper.
They note that this works with regular kale, red leaf kale and others. The goal is to get small leaves, since they are more tender. Also works with escarole, radicchio or chicories.