Lemony Kale Caesar Salad
Inspired from Bi Rite’s Eat Good Food
- 10z kale, escarole, radicchio
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- kosher salt
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced (~1t)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 T lemon juice + more to taste
- 1/2 t Dijon mustard
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/2 C Parmigiano + more for garnish
- black pepper
- Cut out kale thick kale stocks (or just run hand down)
- Cut strips, or tear if tender
- Coarsely chop garlic and pinch of salt, pressing salt with flat side of blade to make a paste.
- Add anchovy, egg yolk, lemon juice, mustard. Whisk slowly.
- Slowly drizzle in oil while whisking until incorporated.
- Taste with a leaf of kale and add lemon or salt as needed
- Add a little bit of dressing and cheese with kale, gently tossing until everything is coated.
- Garnish with a little bit of cheese and black pepper.